Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Golf Club Photo

I have been working a lot lately on uploading new photos to my stock libraries, and I thought I would post one of my newest ones here.  It is a simple shot of a golf club and a golf ball.  I took it on a white background, all lit with florescent "cool lights".  I like using these type of lights for product work where the subject doesn't move because you can see exactly what you are getting with the light, this makes it a little easier to use than strobes.  The one down side to constant light, is you usually have longer exposures, so a moving subject doesn't work very well.  With this photo, the exposure was 1 full second at f 22 at ISO 100.  I used such a large aperture so that the entire club and ball would be sharp.



Heres a shot of my setup to photograph this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shane Thompson Photographers

My photo
Southern, California, United States
Hello, My name is Shane Thompson, I am a wedding photographer based out of sunny southern California. I photography weddings in a relaxed stress free documentary style. I specialize in recording the intimate details of your wedding day and preserving them in your wedding album. If you would like more information please check out my website at http://thompson-photography.net or give me a call at 949-278-2330

Followers