Sunday, November 1, 2009

#13 A try at astrophotography

I'll admit it, I am a nerd, and even worse, I am a science nerd.  I have always been interested in astronomy and have been wanting to give astrophotography a try for some time.  I noticed the clear sky and decided to give it a try.  I set up the big 400mm lens on a tripod and had a go.  I was lucky enough to catch this shot of Jupiter with four of her moons.  How cool is it to look from your planet and see not only another planet, but its moons as well.  Pretty cool.


400mm lens, f5.6, 1 sec exposure, tripod mounted ISO 3200  Color removed in photoshop to correct for chromatic abberation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shane Thompson Photographers

My photo
Southern, California, United States
Hello, My name is Shane Thompson, I am a wedding photographer based out of sunny southern California. I photography weddings in a relaxed stress free documentary style. I specialize in recording the intimate details of your wedding day and preserving them in your wedding album. If you would like more information please check out my website at http://thompson-photography.net or give me a call at 949-278-2330

Followers