Monday, November 2, 2009

Image #14 Shoot the Moon

One more astrophotography picture.  Jessica Tincopa, a local photogrpaher, asked me a question yesterday about shooting the moon, and I wondered how many other people had that same question, so I posted a shot I took, and the simple formula for a good exposure of the moon.
The rule is the f8 rule.  Set the camera aperture to f8, use shutterspeed nearest the reciporical of the ISO setting.  For example,  if the ISO setting is 100  use 1/100 sec  if the ISO is 200  use 1/250 second 400 ISO use 1/500  etc...  you will end up with a good exposure every time.

Hope this helps you to enjoy taking photos which include the moon in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shane Thompson Photographers

My photo
Southern, California, United States
Hello, My name is Shane Thompson, I am a wedding photographer based out of sunny southern California. I photography weddings in a relaxed stress free documentary style. I specialize in recording the intimate details of your wedding day and preserving them in your wedding album. If you would like more information please check out my website at http://thompson-photography.net or give me a call at 949-278-2330

Followers