Thursday, May 13, 2010

One a day Challenge #34 and #35

The first image here is part of a project I was shooting for my mom.  She was needing some pictures of womens hands.  I shot this one of my wifes grandmother.  I wanted the contrasty black and white with grain, so I shot it at ISO 3200  and an aperture of f2.8 for a shallow depth of field.

The next one isn't very artistic, or even very interesting, but it has already made me money.  I shot a series of these letters for stock work, I had them approved this morning, and already sold three of them.  So there is obviously a market for these photos.  There are lots of things out there people need a picture of, which aren't the classic portraits, or even very glamorous, but it provides a source of revenue for someone willing to shoot them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shane Thompson Photographers

My photo
Southern, California, United States
Hello, My name is Shane Thompson, I am a wedding photographer based out of sunny southern California. I photography weddings in a relaxed stress free documentary style. I specialize in recording the intimate details of your wedding day and preserving them in your wedding album. If you would like more information please check out my website at http://thompson-photography.net or give me a call at 949-278-2330

Followers