Friday, June 4, 2010

California Senior Games


For the past week I have been down in Carlsbad CA shooting the pickleball event for the California Senior Games.  Now if you are like me, you are asking yourself "what is pickleball?"  It is a game played with a wooden paddle and a wiffle ball, on a miniature tennis court.  It is a fast paced and exciting game.  I had never heard of it until I was asked to shoot it, but after spending the week shooting the tournament, I am inclined to get a couple of paddles for my wife and I, and find some local teams.  I had a great time meeting the players, and spending the week in beautiful Carlsbad.   On Tuesday night, Carrie came down and we went to dinner at the harbor in Oceanside.  I had some fish and chips and watched a sea lion swimming beneath us in the harbor.  It was a great week, and a fun event.  Enjoy some of the photos from the event.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Shane Thompson Photographers

My photo
Southern, California, United States
Hello, My name is Shane Thompson, I am a wedding photographer based out of sunny southern California. I photography weddings in a relaxed stress free documentary style. I specialize in recording the intimate details of your wedding day and preserving them in your wedding album. If you would like more information please check out my website at http://thompson-photography.net or give me a call at 949-278-2330

Followers