Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Photo #2 of my Challenge, Playing With Light

Today I found myself in downtown Riverside California at night.  This time over on University avenue at the Thunderbird Lodge.  Those who know me, know I love shooting old travel lodges and motels,  I find them fascinating and fun.  Long before all the hotels and motels were the same, they had character and were unique.  The neon sign at the thunderbird is one of my favorites, and I had been wanting to shoot it for some time.  But I didn't just want a plane picture of the sign, so I started playing with the light.  I used a 2 second exposure and while the image was exposing, I would zoom the lens out.  This is what gives it the look it has.

ISO 200, exp 2 seconds, f 16, manual exposure Nikkor 18-135 lens soomed out durring exposure.

1 comment:

  1. That was a very cool effect you got on this photo. Specially makes a simple sign stand out in a totally different way!
    Good luck on your challenge! It's a very good self training goal!

    ReplyDelete

Shane Thompson Photographers

My photo
Southern, California, United States
Hello, My name is Shane Thompson, I am a wedding photographer based out of sunny southern California. I photography weddings in a relaxed stress free documentary style. I specialize in recording the intimate details of your wedding day and preserving them in your wedding album. If you would like more information please check out my website at http://thompson-photography.net or give me a call at 949-278-2330

Followers