Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Photo #5 Starry Night and Palm Tree

I started this evening out shooting the lights along the bay, then the moon behind a palm tree, when I had an idea for this shot.  Just as I was getting set up, Carrie came to the door and told me it was time to go, I only had time for one shot.  This is a classic one shot challenge.  It would not be easy working with long exposures and two very different lit areas.  I did manage to get one shot, (and only one shot) and it turned out perfect. The palm tree was lit by our small porch light.  Possibly one of my favorite pictures.

Details: ISO 400,   Exp 30 seconds, f 3.5  lens at 18mm, all settings in manual.  White balance incandescent.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! The stars in the sky almost look unreal! Good work, Shane!

    ReplyDelete

Shane Thompson Photographers

My photo
Southern, California, United States
Hello, My name is Shane Thompson, I am a wedding photographer based out of sunny southern California. I photography weddings in a relaxed stress free documentary style. I specialize in recording the intimate details of your wedding day and preserving them in your wedding album. If you would like more information please check out my website at http://thompson-photography.net or give me a call at 949-278-2330

Followers